StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care.
For over 16 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world.
While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Sirius XM, Estee Lauder, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide, 360i, and Young & Rubicam, and SaaS companies like Zype and Symphony Commerce.
StudioLabs offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, and flexible work hours. Check out our Stack Overflow company page here to learn more about our culture, employee benefits, and the services we provide to our customers.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE:
- Experienced with web application development and must have experience using Photoshop and Sketch files to build web pages using HTML5, CSS3, and various JS libraries and frameworks like React and Angular
- Great at communicating with developers and other StudioLabs team members
- Able to work effectively with in-house developers and non-technical staff from other departments
- A cross-disciplined person who is not afraid of maintaining a production application whilst capable of learning new technologies and putting them into practical use
- Familiar with configuration management and deployment tools such as Vagrant, Chef, or Puppet
- A team player who enjoys working in small teams to accomplish big things
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement custom, high-performance web applications for desktop, mobile, and OTT, using React and other JS libraries/frameworks
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction for projects as needed
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other engineers and other team members were applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Math/Physics or equivalent professional work experience knowledge of Object-Oriented programming, design patterns, and best practices
- Must be able to multi-task, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and non-verbally, with technical and non-technical personnel
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git)
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Some experience with the PHP frameworks or other MVC development frameworks
- Must be able to communicate effectively with many types of clients – those who are technically savvy as well as clients who look to us for technical advice
- Must be able to collaborate with in-house project management / product ownership team to keep the project running smoothly
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- All full-time applicants must be able to work legally in the U.S. Off site consultant candidates must be able to overlap Eastern Time by at least 5 hours each day