Lead Software Solutions Architect
Serving in a leadership role for both internal development teams and external stakeholders, the Lead Software Solutions Architect will be advising and working alongside other developers, engineers and project managers as well as clients to produce the highest quality software solutions on time and within budget. The Lead Software Solutions Architect is a highly visible and pivotal trusted member of the Studio Labs team. Whether it’s discussing microservice architecture by participating in customer calls, or communicating with stakeholders about the problems they’re experiencing and determining how to address those issues through software, the ability to have a strong voice in backend best practices is present daily. In addition he/she/they will be:
- Leading and participating in Design and Discovery, lending your strengths and voice to microservice/serverless solutions and best practices in backend development.
- Designing and implementing Node.js/Python backends, whether it’s the creation of new backend infrastructure or jumping into existing code base(s) and owning backend development on existing projects.
- Applying best practices towards the design of data engineering solutions; writing and handling complex data migrations as needed
- Participating in the migration of software applications to microservice/serverless
- Focusing on the architecture and management of AWS infrastructures, handling any problems that arise
- Analyzing & explaining performance checks as needed.
- Taking initiative when solving problems, researching as needed, offering solutions, participating in technical discussions, while staying mindful of the bigger picture.
- Sharing their knowledge with the Studio Labs development team through documentation and discussion.
What we’re looking for in a Lead Software Solutions Architect:
- Minimum 5 years backend development experience. Experience must include:
- Senior node.js skills in a production environment.
- Database queries and query optimization; production-level experience with at least one database (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, AuroraDB). Experience should include writing queries by hand, creating joins, being able to analyze & explain performance checks.
- Web servers, cloud infrastructure, AWS Serverless infrastructures
- Participating and implementing architectural solution(s) for enterprise-level platform(s) or experience leading and implementing major architectural solutions.
- Career experience in a managed service provider, solution service provider and/or extensive client facing environments highly preferred. Experience should include:
- Providing estimates for SOW’s
- Participation in Design & Discovery phases
- Creation of documentation
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Computer Science Degree preferred
- Stateside location is required.
About Us:StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 19 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Estee Lauder, Central Park conservancy, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide and McCann, and SaaS companies like Gladly and Zype. Joining a company of about 45 team members in a remote workforce and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get at larger places and startups.
The perks, goodies, and package:We know that the life of a Lead Software Solutions Architect can sometimes be hectic, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office environment that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
Company benefits include:
- Your remote USA location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift with no need to relocate. While we have physical offices, we have a 100% remote policy for those who enjoy the option.
- Competitive compensation and a technology driven work culture
- Ample opportunity to grow alongside us in your chosen track with abundant learning opportunities across tech stacks, management tracks, leadership tracks.
- Healthcare package including medical, dental, optical plans
- Flexible work hours with a generous PTO package
- Company matched retirement plans; Gym Membership Reimbursements; employer sponsored life and disability insurance; employer sponsored EAP program; Paternity & Maternity Leave and more!