Mobile Application Developer
StudioLabs is looking for a Mobile Application Developer with at least 3 years of relevant experience. This position is open in both our NYC-based location and our Buffalo, NY location. The developer must be able to manage multiple concurrent priorities spanning new mobile development projects as well as applications maintenance and support. Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards. The candidate must be able to work effectively with our client’s technical leads, our other in-house developers, and non-technical staff from other departments. The candidate should have strong communication skills, and possess the ability to present complex technical information to a wide range of audiences, from other technical staff to senior management. Individual should be a fast learner of new technologies, be a creative thinker, and share skills and information freely.
THIS INDIVIDUAL SHOULD BE:
- A mobile application developer with at least 3 years of professional work experience, and must have experience with: iOS development (ObjC and Swift)
- React Native
- Android and iOS SDKs and managing multiple versions for a variety of devices.
- Mobile-specific functionality, such as location, push notifications, camera interaction, and cross-app interaction.
- RESTful APIs
- Mobile security standards and best practices.
- Developing apps that use both APIs and business embedded logic to achieve the mobile app’s desired functionality
- Developing apps where both the user experience and business functionality are equally important.
- Optimizing apps for performance
- Git / Version Control.
- Great at communicating with developers and other StudioLabs team members
- A cross-disciplined person who is not afraid of maintaining a production application whilst capable of learning new technologies and putting them into practical use
- A team player who enjoys working in small teams to accomplish big things
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders by updating assigned tickets and logging time
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support major implementations or to react to high priority service issues
- Guide development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the configuration, build and release process
- Build native apps for iOS devices
- Perform unit and functional testing to ensure the quality of work
- Create and execute automated testing
- Work with the product owner to define enhancements and potential gaps in requirements
- Identify and integrate third-party components as needed to quickly achieve desired functionality
- Experiment and create proof of concept prototypes for new features as needed
- Participate in peer design reviews, code review, and testing to ensure quality releases
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to less-experienced engineers and other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Math/Physics or equivalent professional work experience
- Must be able to multitask, manage details, and keep sight of overall objectives
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines within a dynamic environment
- Must possess an exceptional ability to effectively communicate both verbally and non-verbally, with technical and non-technical personnel
- Individual must have a strong technical foundation as well as a full understanding of common coding standards and configuration management
- Understand the complete deployment lifecycle from design, build, test, and deployment
- Familiarity with one or more version control systems (Git)
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Android development experience (Java)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, mobile memory management and performance tuning
- Experience automating UI and unit tests using relevant testing frameworks.
- Have released and maintained at least five Android applications in the Google Play Store
- Have released and maintained at least five iOS applications in the Apple App Store
- Familiarity with real-time streaming
- Client-facing communication skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively with many types of clients – those who are technically savvy as well as clients who look to us for technical advice
- Must be able to collaborate with in-house project management / product ownership team to keep the project running smoothly
- Must be able to speak English fluently