Mobile Application Developer
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. StudioLabs is looking for a diversified Mobile Application Developer to create breathtaking iOS/Android apps. Do you thrive on building world-class applications, working within a team, and have at least 3 years of relevant experience? We want to hear from you!
- Managing multiple concurrent priorities spanning new mobile development projects as well as applications maintenance and support.
- Managing multiple versions of Android and iOS SDKs for a variety of devices
- Identifying and integrating third-party components when applicable.
- Bringing knowledge forward in mobile security standards and best practices across development and in technical discussion.
- Documenting daily progress on work items & communicating to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Guiding development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the configuration, build, and release process.
- Work with the project managers and fellow developers to define and develop enhancements and features.
- Experiment and create a proof of concept prototypes for new features as needed.
- Participate in peer design reviews, code review, and testing to ensure quality releases.
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to less-experienced engineers and other team members.
- Is a wordsmith of the small and big details to varied stakeholders and team members caring about the people he/she/they are working alongside.
- Mid level or higher mobile application development skills across React Native, Swift, Objective C, and Ionic (Kotlin experience is a nice-to-have)
- A minimum of 3 years of Mobile Development experience in a production capacity including:
- Building UI and integrating existing APIs and SDKs
- Mobile-specific functionality, such as location, push notifications, camera interaction, and cross-app interaction
- Android and iOS SDKs/Managing multiple versions for a variety of devices
- Knowledgeable in mobile security standards and best practices
- Comfortable with varied databases: Firebase, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, etc
- A strong foundation in Computer Science
- A strong portfolio with samples (both in the app store and code samples) that they can share and discuss with us.
- Prior experience working within a digital production environment on varied projects. Maybe you’ve been solo for a while and you’re looking for a team; this qualifies too!
- A thirst for seeking out best practices (outside of work) and sharing learned knowledge with the team when appropriate.
- Egoless in his/her skill level - the openness to have their code critiqued and provide critique to others.
PERKS AND DETAILS:Joining a company of about 40 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know life can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, a generous health benefits package, EAP program, employee referral program, gym (or equipment) reimbursement, employer matching 401k program, mentorship program, lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices (NYC and Buffalo, NY) are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift, with “work remote flexibility” indefinitely.
- This position is open to full-time (permanent) hire potential new team members located stateside, who want to work remotely and join an energetic team while building some of the latest mobile applications. Please no C2C, agencies, or recruiters.