Release Train Engineer
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. At StudioLabs, we're building some pretty amazing SaaS platforms and enterprise web, and mobile applications, for some pretty innovative clients. To do this, we need bright, talented, driven people. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Release Train Engineer well versed in project management and servant leadership to work alongside a bright & talented software development, product management, and customer team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitation: Your strengths and prior experience allows you to roll up your sleeves to own planning through implementation readiness, including owning and facilitating the communication of collaborative team members in the execution of consistent and fluid releases.
- Coaching: Whether it’s leaders, development teams, and/or stakeholders, adhering to SAFe scaled agile frameworks is in your DNA. Organizational and workflow patterns for implementing agile practices at an enterprise scale is your specialty.
- Leading: Efforts to manage risks and dependencies, escalation efforts and tracking impediments, to drive relentless improvement efforts at each release.
- Managing: Delivery from dev ready to deploy
- Minimum 3 year of experience as a Release Train Engineer (or similar experience) within a Serverless SaaS or IaaS in ad tech, fintech industry. This includes:
- Facilitation of communication across cross collaborative teams for releases
- Managing delivery from dev ready to deploy
- Prioritizing JIRA Tickets (groomed and development ready)
- Checking stories for completeness
- Resourcing & planning workload including sprint planning, release planning, capacity planning, velocity tracking, estimations
- Writing and running queries to get data and answers quickly (SQL query)
- Strong and deep experience with product roadmaps, backlogs and the project planning that comes along with it.
- Interfacing, collaborating, and owning communication between varied stakeholders, team members and business functions.
- AND an additional 1-2 years of experience within a technical field, product software preferred
- Tools in your repertoire including: JIRA, AHA, Balsamiq, AdobeXD, Figma
- Certifications preferred: SASM (Scaled Agile), SAFe Certification, and or CSM (Scrum Alliance)
PERKS AND DETAILS:Joining a company of about 45 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know life can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, a generous health benefits package, EAP program, employee referral program, gym (or equipment) reimbursement, employer matching 401k program, lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift with no relocation required.