Senior Backend Architect
As a Senior Backend Architect on new and long standing partner engagements, you will be working alongside a small, but diverse and fantastic development, production, and executive team. You’ll be engaging and building rapport with people at all levels both internally & externally, to ensure stakeholder solutions are of the highest quality. In your role as a Senior Backend Architect, you’ll be responsible for:
- Leading discovery and definitions phases for new and existing executive stakeholders.
- Providing technical solutions focused on sustainability, pre-empting technical debt and code rot.
- Leading discovery and implementation of architectural solutions, sometimes working with a team of junior and senior developers
- Leading architectural discussions with members from the development and product/production teams.
- Providing thorough documentation of relevant systems and architecture, visible to the development and product teams.
- Working as a team member who wants to see other people succeed, ensuring you’ve done your part towards proactive planning for integrations/changes in new and existing solution environments.
- Managing AWS infrastructure, handling the problems that can arise
- Analyzing & explaining performance checks, writing and handling complex data migrations
- Taking initiative when solving problems, researching as needed, offering solutions, participating in technical discussions, while staying mindful of the bigger picture.
What we’re looking for in our next Senior Backend Architect:
- Senior level ownership experience (4+ yrs experience) of architectural solution(s) for an enterprise-level platform or experience leading and implementing major architectural solutions.
- Strong working experience in & around web servers, cloud infrastructure, AWS Serverless infrastructures - Cloudfront, API Gateway, Lambda, S3, CloudWatch, VPC, OpenSearch, Kibana; Terraform
- Database queries and query optimization; production-level experience with at least one database (e.g. Postgres, MySQL, AuroraDB). Working in and around databases, writing queries by hand, creating joins, being able to analyze & explain performance checks.
- Production-level experience with third party integrations (e.g. Stripe, Google Cloud Platform, Twilio, etc.)
About Us:StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 19 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Estee Lauder, Central Park conservancy, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide and McCann, and SaaS companies like Gladly and Zype. Joining a company of about 45 team members in a remote workforce and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get at larger places and startups.
The perks, goodies, and package:We know that the life of a Senior Backend Architect can sometimes be hectic, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office environment that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
Company benefits include:
- Competitive compensation and a technology driven work culture
- Ample opportunity to grow alongside us in your chosen track with abundant learning opportunities across tech stacks, management tracks, leadership tracks.
- Healthcare package including medical, dental, optical plans
- Flexible work hours with a generous PTO package
- Company matched retirement plans; Gym Membership Reimbursements; employer sponsored life and disability insurance; employer sponsored EAP program; Paternity & Maternity Leave and more!