Senior Back End Developer
At StudioLabs, we're building some pretty amazing SaaS platforms and enterprise web and mobile applications, for some pretty innovative clients. To do this, we need bright, talented, driven people. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on Back End Developer to join our team. StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world.
THE ROLE seeks a middle ground between fluid scripting for cloud infrastructure & database functions.You will be working on the StudioLabs team as a Senior Back End Developer on a longstanding SaaS platform partner engagement. You will work directly with a varied, diverse, and fantastic development & executive team to drive product infrastructure and define new opportunities. You will work side-by-side with engineers and other developers to produce high-quality code & infrastructure features, to ensure the best possible product at each release.
- Generally speaking, you will own your work from top to bottom, and have a passion for delivering the highest quality work possible
- Support the team in assessing, defining, and rolling out workflow and process improvements
- Aid the team in training and on-boarding of new team members
- Be an awesome fellow team member and help to maintain the StudioLabs culture
- AND want to grow in your career.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:
- Minimum 6 + yrs working experience with Databases, PostGreSQL preferred. You will have some level of experience that touches on optimizing queries and writing good queries by hand & checking for performance issues.
- Working experience writing Lambda code functions/structure, including updates, & writing new code
- Strong working experience with AWS Infrastructure (Web servers, S3, etc), server-side cloud technologies
- Preferred experience delivering SaaS products within an Agile, KanBan, or other development methodology
- The desire and drive to be awesome every day; An inquisitive mind, and a confident voice
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment: Ability to seamlessly wrangle multiple, concurrent priorities and work streams and not be afraid to challenge yourself in the process.
- Degree in computer science
PERKS AND DETAILS:Joining a company of about 45 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know life can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, a generous health benefits package, EAP program, employee referral program, gym (or equipment) reimbursement, employer matching 401k program, lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- We offer opportunities to grow within your career & are willing to teach what you do not know, helping you excel in skills, level and promotion.
- We offer mentorship & a fun remote atmosphere that values individual happiness.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift.