OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE SHOULD BE:
- Experience implementing custom, high-performance web applications for desktop, mobile, and/or OTT, using React, Angular and/or other JS libraries/frameworks
- Great at communicating with developers and other StudioLabs team members
- Able to work effectively with our client’s technical leads, our other in-house developers, and non-technical staff from other departments
- Able to manage multiple concurrent priorities spanning new web / software development projects, as well as applications maintenance and support
- A cross-disciplined person who is not afraid of maintaining a production application whilst capable of quickly learning new technologies and putting them into practical use
- A creative thinker, willing to share skills and information freely, and be able to mentor and train other developers
- Unafraid of writing software for extending our REST APIs, improving our monitoring software or extending our analytics tools
- A team player who enjoys working in small teams to accomplish big things
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- Document daily progress on work items & communicate to appropriate stakeholders
- Work out of hours, when appropriate, to support deployments or to react to high priority service issues
- Aid the team in the development of tools, infrastructure, and processes within the development, build and release process
- Provide expertise in determining the strategic technical direction and system architecture for projects, as needed
- Work as part of a team to help define technical requirements, explain the capabilities and limitations of various systems, and generate diagrams/documentation for internal and client use
- Provide assistance, training, and/or mentoring to the other engineers and other team members
- Other duties as assigned
- HTML/CSS knowledge is also essential
- Experience with some UI frameworks like bootstrap, material UI, etc.
- Advanced knowledge & experience with git management in team development.
- Experience with tools such as ESlint and Typescript
- Experience with database systems such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Firebase, MongoDB, and/or NoSQL
- Experience & development projects with AWS, serverless (node.js) on backend
- Some mobile app dev experience (React Native, Swift, Kotlin and/or Ionic)
- Rockstar written/verbal communication
- The desire and drive to be awesome every day
- A strong Computer Science background.
- Marketing/Digital agency industry experience or similar customer forward software development experience strongly preferred.
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Specific experience with Amazon Web Services such as EBS, EC2, RDS, S3, VPC
- Must have strong communication skills, and possess the ability to present complex technical information to a wide range of audiences, from other technical staff and senior management to non-technical personnel
- Must be able to communicate effectively with many types of clients – those who are technically savvy as well as clients who look to us for technical advice.
- Must be able to collaborate with in-house project management / product ownership team to keep the project running smoothly
- Must speak English fluently