Executive Technical Producer / Sr Project Manager
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Sirius XM, Estee Lauder, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide, 360i, and Young & Rubicam, and SaaS companies like Zype and Symphony Commerce. The role seeks a middle ground between fluid, process-driven project management / product management, the guidance and mentorship of less-experienced project management professionals, and the intricacies of very human-focused client management. You will be working as an Executive Technical Producer (Project Manager) on new & long standing accounts. You will lead and manage client engagements and you'll be responsible for overall client satisfaction, quality of service, and on-time, on-budget completion of deliverables across multiple accounts.
- The position requires that you wear multiple hats — speak technically to non-technical people, and speak non-technically to very technical people
- You will be gathering requirements with business stakeholders, and turning those into functional specs and actionable development tickets; working side-by-side with developers, software architects, creatives, and in some cases other project management professionals, to produce high-quality digital products;
- You will be coordinating with functional teams to assure the best possible product at each release; identifying and selling through innovative ideas to the client; all while acting as an inspirational leader and true partner to our clients, and members of our internal team.
- End-to-end production/leadership of platform features across mobile and web. Deliver from start to finish, on time and on budget
- Requirements intake, functional requirements / specifications drafting
- Work with members of the development team to create epics, user stories and project tickets inside of enterprise-level task management software (e.g. Jira, Trello, Redmine, etc)
- Maintenance of Kanban boards, backlog grooming, detailed writing of development tickets/tasks
- Strong user experience/design sense
- Drafting of information architecture documentation (wireframes, site maps, and other system diagrams)
- Creation of statements of work, scope addendum, project timelines, project reconciliations, and other project management documentation
- Maintain 3-6 week outlook of resource needs for your projects
- Various billing and invoicing tasks in tandem with the finance team
- Lead the development and creative teams in project scoping efforts
- Client interface for requirements gathering, feature definition, and ideation
- Partner with the client, aiding them with business decisions and invoking trust unparalleled by other vendors
- Generally speaking, own your projects/accounts from top to bottom, and have a passion for delivering the highest quality work possible
- Support the team in assessing, defining, and rolling out workflow and process improvements
- Aid the team in training and on-boarding of new producers and new team members
- Be an awesome fellow team member and help to maintain the Studio Labs culture
- Minimum 6-10 years experience with 6+ years recent & focused work experience in a senior level technical project management role delivering SaaS platforms, medium to large scale websites, web-based software, and mobile applications / products
- Experience overseeing the work of, and mentorship of, less experienced project management staff
- Rockstar written/verbal communication presentation skills & the desire and drive to be awesome every day.
- Extensive experience working directly with clients, acting as a true partner,, and stewarding outstanding cross-team communication.
- Experience delivering web / mobile products within an Agile, KanBan, or other methodology
- Experience with enterprise-class task management software (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- An inquisitive mind, and a confident voice
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and seamlessly wrangle multiple, concurrent priorities and work streams
PERKS AND DETAILS:Joining a company of about 35 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know life can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, a generous health benefits package, EAP program, employee referral program, gym (or equipment reimbursement), lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift.