Sr. Technical Producer / Product Manager
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care.
You may call yourself a Project Manager, a Producer, a Product Owner, or something else. Here, we’d call you a Technical Producer.
The role seeks a middle ground between fluid, process-driven project management / product ownership, and the intricacies of very human-focused client management. You must have either a computer science degree, a certification from a coding bootcamp, or practical experience writing code in order to be considered for this position.
You will be working for StudioLabs as a Senior Technical Producer on a longstanding SaaS platform partner engagement, and will wear different hats – speak technically to non-technical people, or speak non-technically to very technical people… Gather requirements with business stakeholders, and turn those into functional specs and wireframes; work side-by-side with developers and engineers to produce high-quality, competitive features; coordinate with functional teams to assure the best possible product at each release.
Joining a company of about 30 team members, split over two office locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. But you’re awesome, so you were already looking forward to that. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get at larger places and startups. We know that the life of a producer can sometimes be hectic, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office environment that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time (obviously, we're all working from home right now, but eventually we'll be able to get back in to the offices). Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- Previous experience as a hands-on web / mobile developer or systems administrator (Although this position does not require you to write code, it does require that you've got hands-on past experience as a web developer, writing HTML/CSS/JS, as a minimum. Other coding experience would be a plus.)
- 4+ years experience project managing/product managing and delivering for SaaS platforms, medium to large scale websites, web-based software, and/or mobile applications / products
- Experience delivering web products within an Agile, KanBan, or other dev methodology
- Experience with enterprise-class task management software (e.g. JIRA, Trello)
- Rockstar written/verbal communication presentation skills
- The desire and drive to be awesome every day
- An inquisitive mind, and a confident voice
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to seamlessly wrangle multiple, concurrent priorities and work streams
- End-to-end production/leadership of platform features across mobile and web. Deliver from start to finish, on time and on budget
- Requirements intake, functional requirements / specifications drafting
- Work with members of the development team to create epics, user stories and project tickets inside of enterprise-level task management software (e.g. Jira, Trello, Redmine, etc)
- Maintenance of Kanban boards, backlog grooming, detailed writing of development tickets/tasks
- Strong user experience/design sense
- Experience with information architecture, wireframing, and diagramming
- Creation of project timelines, project reconciliations, scope addendum, and other project management documentation
- Maintain 6-12 week outlook of resource needs for your projects
- Various billing and invoicing tasks in tandem with the finance team
- Aid the development team in scoping efforts
- Client interface for requirements gathering, feature definition and ideation
- Be a true partner to the client, aiding them with business decisions and invoking trust unparalleled by other vendors
- Generally speaking, own your projects from top to bottom, and have a passion for delivering the highest quality work possible
- Support the team in assessing, defining, and rolling out workflow and process improvements
- Aid the team in training and on-boarding of new producers and new team members
- Be an awesome fellow team member and help to maintain the StudioLabs culture in both our NYC-based office and Buffalo, NY-based office
BONUS POINTS FOR
- Experience working with PHI (Protected Health Information), medical information systems, and/or telehealth solutions
- Knowledge / experience with AWS or other server-side technology
- Degree in computer science