Web Developer: WordPress, Drupal, Shopify
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care.
About this role:We are looking for a strong freelance Web developer with experience across WordPress, Drupal & Shopify to join our tech forward team working on a diversified customer portfolio. Ideally, the right person will have availability of 40/hrs per week (working to EST business hours with some flexibility) AND wants to enjoy a long term relationship with us. A varied background in development languages/frameworks/technologies is always a standout for us as we work on varied dev projects!
Requirements:NOTE: Senior-level experience building and maintaining complex, custom WordPress and/or Drupal sites - without this experience, you are not a fit for this role. We are not looking for developers who start building from existing themes.
- 5+ years strong development experience in content management systems: WordPress, Drupal, AND/OR Shopify
- Drupal skills should include: drush, configuration management, module development, decoupled RESTful API’s, twig (theme development), paragraphs modules, composer, docker, SAML & OpenAM
- WordPress skills should include: transforming PSDs and Sketch files into custom, responsive WordPress sites
- Experience in backend development and maintenance of websites using PHP and MySQL
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle, and best practices
- Experience with Gutenberg blocks and ACF
- Experienced in customizing Shopify themes, utilizing Slate build tools.
- Extensive experience building responsive and mobile-first websites
- Experience with the command line and SSH
- Version control experience (preferably Git, bitbucket)
- Experience with enterprise-grade task management software, such as Jira
- Communicating task estimates and progress and identifying potential problems.
- Keeping accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements.
- Using documented user stories, technical requirements in your development work.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENTS ABOUT THIS GIG:
- All freelancers must have fluency/understanding of the English language and be able to video conference as part of the interview process & their work day.
- All freelancers must be available to work to EST and attend daily stand-ups, meetings where appropriate.
- Provide Code samples of their work - the samples should be github profiles, static files, and showcase the skills reflected within this role. Code samples should be recent and relevant.
About Studio Labs:Joining a company of about 30 team members, split over two office locations with various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get at larger places and startups regardless if you are a perm or freelance contractor. We know that life can sometimes be hectic, so we offer flexible work hours and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
Perks & Details:We offer competitive hourly rates, flexibility in the day to day once acclimated to workflow with additional perks like building long term partnerships with our freelancers. The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift (working remotely) as long as you have ability/flexibility to overlap EST business hours.