Web Developer: WordPress
StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care. For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world. While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Sirius XM, Estee Lauder, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide, 360i, and Young & Rubicam, and SaaS companies like Zype and Symphony Commerce.
- We are looking for a strong Web developer with experience across WordPress & Shopify to join our tech forward team working on a diversified customer portfolio. A varied background in development languages/frameworks/technologies is always a standout for us as we work on varied dev projects!
- Building and maintaining complex, custom WordPress and Shopify sites from scratch.
- Communicating task estimates and progress and identifying potential problems.
- Keeping accountable to schedules, estimates, project requirements.
- Using documented user stories, technical requirements in your development work.
- Support the team in assessing, defining, and rolling out workflow and process improvements
- Rockstar written/verbal communication presentation skills
- The desire and drive to be awesome every day
- Be an inquisitive mind and a confident voice towards development projects & discussions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to seamlessly wrangle multiple, concurrent priorities and work streams
- Aid the team in training and mentoring new new team members
- Be an awesome fellow team member and help to maintain the StudioLabs culture in our NYC-based office, Buffalo, NY-based office, & various remote work from home locations.
- Strong WordPress development experience including building custom sites from scratch. Experience should include:
- Transforming PSDs and Sketch files into custom, responsive WordPress sites
- Experience in backend development and maintenance of websites using PHP and MySQL
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipelines
- Excellent understanding of OOP, software development life cycle, and best practices
- Experience with Gutenberg blocks and ACF
- Experienced in customizing Shopify themes, utilizing Slate build tools.
- Extensive experience building responsive and mobile-first websites
- Experience with the command line and SSH
- Version control experience (preferably Git, bitbucket)
- Experience with enterprise-grade task management software, such as Jira
PERKS & DETAILS:Joining a company of about 35 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. Studio Labs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know life can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at Studio Labs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, a generous health benefits package, EAP program, employee referral program, gym (or equipment reimbursement), lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift.